We can help customize your policy today
Progressive provides specialized insurance for boats. Our program can cover 95 percent of all boats on the water today including fishing boats, runabouts, personal watercraft and boats up to 50 feet in length and $250,000 in value.
A homeowner’s endorsement won’t cover you like a Progressive Boat policy. We provide coverage for your specific needs with policy options like:
- Total Loss Replacement – replaces the insured boat with a brand new one of similar make and quality
- Disappearing Deductibles – reduces the deductible by 25 percent at each claim free renewal
- Replacement Cost Fishing Equipment – up to $10,000 for tackle, rods, and reels
- Replacement Cost Personal Effects – protects the personal items including cameras, clothes, cell phones, etc
- 24-hour Roadside Assistance – covers trailer and tow vehicle, even if tow vehicle is not insured with Progressive Insurance
- Emergency Towing and Labor – provides on-water towing service
- Wreckage Removal Coverage
- Property Damage Liability - includes coverage for fuel spill cleanup
- Medical Payments - includes coverage for water-skiers
Progressive has great rates for newer boats, as well as married and mature operators. Additional savings can be obtained with the following discounts, including:
- Homeowner discount
- Idle Assisted Steering discount
- Multi-Policy discount
- Multi-Boat discount
- Original Owner discount
- Responsible Driver discount
- Safety Course discount
- Transfer discount
- Claim Free Renewal discount
- Paid-In-Full discount
- Prompt Payment discount
- Small Claim Forgiveness
Superior 24/7 Claims and Customer Service
Our goal is to make insurance easy. Access your policy policy information 24/7 online.
Bassett Insurance Group can help make your time on the water relaxed and worry-free!
We will find you comprehensive protection that protects you, your friends and family, your watercraft and your boating equipment. The average boat costs less than a dollar a day to insure. You'll enjoy being on the water even more when you aren't worried about your safety, the safety your passengers, or your investment.
Bassett Insurance Group can help you determine the right amount of coverage to meet your specific needs. Just give us a call today at 303-776-7676 to get started. Here are some items you'll need to consider when shopping for boat insurance in Colorado.
- Navigational Area:- Know where you are covered in the water. Some companies, such as Safeco Insurance, offer protection that covers you up to 75 miles from the U.S. coastline; into Canadian coastal or inland waters; and into the Pacific coastal waters of Mexico. In California, Florida and Oregon, additional coverage area can be purchased.
- Agreed Value Coverage: - Watercrafts depreciate just like automobiles. Actual cash value policies can make it difficult to replace a boat that's been stolen or destroyed. This means that if your boat is a total loss you will get the value you insured it for, minus any deductible.
- Liability - Like car insurance, personal liability coverage provides coverage to other boaters and boat owners in the event you are at-fault for an accident on the water. This coverage will pay to repair or replace the property of someone else as well as for their medical care, lost wages and other costs incurred as a result of a boating accident for which you are at-fault.
- Medical Payments - Medical payments coverage will pay for the cost of needed care that is the result of a boating accident. This coverage is available from $500 to $10,000 and covers you, your passengers, and even your water skiers/tubers, regardless of who is at-fault.
- Physical Damage Coverage- Physical damage coverage pays for the cost to repair or replace your watercraft, its motor, any permanently attached equipment, and your trailer, if it is stolen or damaged.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Watercraft Bodily Injury - Since boat coverage is not always mandatory, many boaters choose not to get insurance. If you are hit by an uninsured or underinsured boater, and you are injured, this type of coverage pays for medical treatment, lost wages, and other costs associated with the accident.
- Fuel Spill Liability and Wreckage Removal - Should your boat sink or be seriously damaged, there is a chance that it could leak oil or fuel into the water. As the boat's owner you are required by law to have this cleaned up, which can be time consuming and expensive.
- Personal Effects - Your policy can provide coverage for many personal effects, including clothing, jewelry, cell phones, scuba/snorkeling and other sporting equipment, and fishing equipment. Limits vary by state - check with RiskPlan Insurance for information. Personal effects coverage does not include jewelry, watches or furs.
- Unattached Equipment Coverage - This pays to repair or replace equipment that isn't permanently attached to your boat or personal watercraft, but is designed for use primarily on a boat. This includes items like lifesaving equipment, water skis, anchors, oars, fire extinguishers, tarps etc.
- Emergency Assistance - The Emergency Assistance Package provides coverage for towing, labor and delivery of gas, oil or loaned battery if the watercraft is disabled while on the water.
Every need is unique - contact Bassett Insurance Group today to find out how to get the best boat and watercraft insurance coverage for you.